Be sure to watch Better Connecticut with Scot Haney & Kara Sundlun every Friday for Better Weekends with our own Renee DiNino on WFSB Channel 3! If you have an event you'd like posted or to be considered for on air please feel free to email Renee DiNino: email@example.com Some really fun things to do and great organizations to support! Plus see what's at the Box Office!
Get the popcorn ready! CLICK here to get connected to new movies out THIS WEEKEND
Last weekend at the box office:
“Shazam!” is still on top, earning $25 million for its second week. The superhero movie easily topped newcomers “Little” and “Hellboy.” “Hellboy” was a bit of disappointment, making just $12 million, although it did debut in the third spot.
“Little” did a bit better, debuting in the second spot with just above $15 million. Thanks to fellow newcomers “After” and “Missing Link,” flicks like “How To Train Your Dragon,” “Unplanned,” and “Wonder Park” have been bumped out of the top ten. “After” debuted with just over $6 million, and “Missing Link” with just under $6 million.
“The Best Of Enemies” saw a big dip of 55-percent for its second week, now in the tenth spot instead of sixth. “Captain Marvel” sits in the sixth spot instead, making just under $9 million.
Here’s this weekend’s top 10 movies:
“Shazam!” – $25 million
“Little” – $15.5 million
“Hellboy” – $12 million
“Pet Sematary” – $10 million
“Dumbo” – $9.2 million
“Captain Marvel” – $8.6 million
“Us” – $6.9 million
“After” – $6.2 million
“Missing Link” – $5.8 million
“The Best Of Enemies” – $2 million
Source: Entertainment Weekly
Here are my picks for this weekend:
Here are my Weekend picks:
BREAKTHROUGH is based on the inspirational true story of one mother's unfaltering love in the face of impossible odds.This has a great cast including, Chrissy Metz, Josh Lucas, Dennis Haysbert, Mike Colter, Topher Grace and more! An interview with Josh, who plays the father is on our page too!
Renee chats with Josh Lucas about the movie Breakthrough listen here: https://ihr.fm/2VJaJAy
Penguins, Disney has us watching Steve the Penguin trying to build a family and avoid death….
Drunk Parents, stars Alec Baldwin, Salma Hayek, Jim Gaffigan and many other recognizable comics!
Spring is in the air! Easter Egg hunts, Trolly Rides, Breakfasts with the Easter Bunny and Spring Egg Coloring events are happening all over CT, all happening now through Saturday.!!! There's even Earth Day celebrations across the state, Monday is not only known as Easter Monday with some having the day off, but it's officially Earth Day! Be sure to CLICK HERE for more events!!
Friday night Max Creek performs at Infinity Hall 8pm in Hartford on Front Street.! This band has been perfoming for over four decades, and is consider one of the greatest northeast bands of all time.
Saturday night at Foxwoods it's Bob Saget! He's starred in many successful television shows, including two of the most family-friendly shows network television has ever produced (Full House and Americas Funniest Home Videos) but he’s also an out of his mind standup comedian for over thirty years. He'll be at the Fox Theater at 8pm - more details visit: www.foxwoods.com
There are some restaurants open for Easter Brunch and we have a listing below, but be sure to make reservations!
One Easter Brunch that sounds fun is an Easter Cruise aboard the Lady Katharine Cruises Celebrate Easter on a very special Connecticut River cruise. Set sail with family and friends; come hungry for our delicious signature brunch buffet and relax to live entertainment and scenic views from the observation deck. Always a sell out, be sure to book early! You can call and see if they can squeeze you in: (860) 395-5446 Ext. 2
Easter traditions are great and all, but sometimes the craving for Panera Mac and Cheese hits and there’s nothing you can do about it. Luckily, they’re open on Easter Sunday, so you can get your fix and so are these other chain restaurants. Of course, there are always exceptions, so it’s a good idea to double check by calling your local location to confirm before showing up.
- Applebee's - They’re open normal Sunday hours, so plenty of time to get your $2 Vodka punch on.
- Boston Market - You can go to Boston Market on Easter and you can also get their holiday catering spread.
- The Cheesecake Factory - Bring on the Easter cheesecakes.
- Cracker Barrel - The restaurants are open and they’re offering an Easter Heat n' Serve dinner to go as well.
- Denny's - It’s Denny’s, they’re open 24/7.
- IHOP - Easter pancakes for the win!
- Macaroni Grill - Come in for a special Easter brunch from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- McDonald's - Verify with your local location first to be sure they’re open, but you should be able to get your Big Mac and fries this Sunday.
- Olive Garden - They’re open and running usual hours on Easter.
- Outback Steakhouse - If it’s a Bloomin’ Onion and steak you want this Sunday, you’re in luck.
- Panera - Check local hours, but most locations of this chain will be open on Easter.
- P.F. Chang's - It’s business as usual at all P.F. Chang’s this Sunday.
- Shake Shack - Freestanding locations should be open, but Shake Shacks inside malls or stadiums will probably be closed.
- Sonic - Craving some tots and a hand-mixed milkshake for Easter? Sonic has you covered.
- Starbucks - Hours may be adjusted for the holiday, but you can still get your caffeine fix on Easter.
- Waffle House - They’ll be open for all your Easter waffles and hash brown needs.
Please give me a follow on social media
FB & Twitter: @MyCTcommunity
Now go out and make it a Better Weekend!